Ohio’s new College Credit Plus can help you earn college and high school credits at the same time by taking college courses from community colleges or universities. The purpose of this program is to promote rigorous academic pursuits and to provide a wide variety of options to college-ready students. Taking a college course from a public college or university College Credit Plus is free. That means no cost for tuition, books or fees. If you choose to attend a private college or university, you may have limited costs.
- student must show ability to be successful in a college class
- have taken the ACT/SAT
- write a letter of interest
- a letter from the School Counselor
Kent State University - Students can take courses at the University or online.
- 7th thru 12th graders will have at least a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrated mastery of introductory college preparatory core curriculum (COMPASS placement test) in each subject area in which the student wishes to take college courses (e.g. math, reading skills, writing skills).
- A recent ACT composite score of 23 or combined SAT score of 1590 required
- The state of Ohio requires that high school students must have a “B” average or better if they have taken a similar course prior to enrolling in a college course in the same subject area.
College Credit Plus Resources
1. Letter of Intent - if you plan to enroll in College Credit Plus, this form must be submitted to the School Counselor before May 1st. By signing and completing this form, you are indicating to Windham High School that you are interested in taking college courses while still in high school. You must, however, still apply and be accepted into a University's CCP program.
2. CCP Guidance for Families - Answers to questions you may have regarding CCP.
3. CCP Amendment re: Failing a Class/Reimbursement - If a student takes a CCP course and fails it, the family is responsible for reimbursement to the High School for the cost of the course and books.
4. Kent State CCP Checklist - a list of requirements in order to qualify as a CCP student.
5. Kent State CCP Permission Form - This form must be filled out in order to participate in Kent State's CCP program.
6. Kent State Enrollment Verification Form - This form needs to be filled out and signed prior to the student's meeting with their college advisor.
7. CCP Eligibility Standards
8. Before you apply...